Job Title: Operations & Production Assistant
(LOCATION : BIRMINGHAM)
Reporting to the Operations & Production Manager, you will be supporting the team in developing new product, inventory management, maintaining key relationships and operational functions.
Your role is to manage inventory and production logistics which will in turn generate revenue through well-planned stock management. Daily tasks will also consist of keeping in touch with our third party logistic partners and ensuring customers orders are being dispatched in a timely manner. You be tracking product sale patterns to support with restock planning.
The focus of the role will be to source, develop and produce our accessories range, including small leather goods, pins, patches and other small goods.
Working within the Operations sector means you will always be looking for the next idea/product that can optimize the companies workflow, create a better customer experience, drive down overheads and generate more revenue.
- Support the Operations & Production team in the delivery of efficient stock management and successful product development, as-well as ensuring fulfilment logistics are running smoothly on daily basis.
- Supporting O&P team with the development, sourcing, production and delivery of new and existing products, packaging and POS.
- Responsible in managing inventory by creating a strategy of stock level, procurement standard, POS system management and distribution route.
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and third party logistic partners.
- Work closely with Design team to ensure they meet deadlines for product/collection design so development move to next stages.
- Update production timelines to reflect progress.
- Update key team members on any new developments or issues with production and fulfilment logistics.
- Developing and maintaining all packaging and POS, ensuring sufficient stock levels are in place at fulfilment warehouse at all times.
- Always work to offer a better customer experience via new operational opportunities.
- Support with arranging meetings with key supplier relationships to work on new developments.
- Arrange care labels for all garments, barcode labels and SKU’s for all factories.
- Arrange product samples, photography samples and full production of small accessories.
- Design spec packs for suppliers to follow when developing new products and packaging.
- CAD design and formatting artwork files to suite supplier needs.
- Weekly product reports to full team in meetings such as best-selling product data, restocks, low stock items and high inventory products to push.
- Assist to ensure all admin is in place to maintain and optimize the efficient running of production and operational activities and that the brand interests are protected.
- Working to ensure samples meet specifications, including wash testing, arranging fabrics/materials for selection and approval, ensure they meeting size guide specifications.
- Keep pricing structure documents updated, source new factories where required, issue PO’s and keep supplier profile documents up to date.
- Ability to arrange shipping logistics and work with couriers and suppliers for cheap and efficient options.
- Develop personally by keeping up-to-date with the latest fashion, ecommerce, digital and social trends, technologies and opportunities.
Key skill requirements
- A problem solver and creative thinker with gravitas and personal impact.
- Ability to create and follow critical paths within new product/collection launches.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical capability to enable continual improvement of output.
- A desire to come up with new ideas and share inspiration and interesting finds with the team.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail, speed and eye for creativity.
- Have the ability to get it done autonomously but leveraging the strengths of your team mates where appropriate.
- A hands-on individual who can take control and responsibility of managing your own tasks.
- Organizational, time management and team work skills.
- Ability to work well on Asana and Evernote, task sharing and meeting deadlines.
- Good at prioritizing and natural ability to tackle various logistical issues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive better results.
- Familiarity with industry terminology and techniques.
- 25 days off, plus your birthday (as long as you bring in cake)
- Discount on P&Co clothing and accessories
- Performance related bonus
What’s next? Is this your dream role? Let us know by sending your CV to Kirstie@pand.co - please include a covering letter, link to website or portfolio and let us know why we need you.