Job Title: Product Developer - Assistant/Exec
Responsible To: Product Development Manager
As a Product Developer you will be an integral part of the production team, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with factories in developing new products and existing ones. From season to season you will work on a broad range of products and your direct factory
relationships will change from time to time in order to give you a broad understanding of the whole supply chain.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager and General Manager, you will support the team in developing new products, inventory management, maintaining key relationships and organising shipping logistics.
Your role is to assist the product team in developing new products that help grow the range in both scale and quality. You will be a key part of our drive towards being a more sustainable company and you will be at the forefront of creating new relationships and strategies that execute that vision. Daily tasks will include maintaining key supplier relationships, proposing inventory management decisions to the General Manager and Trade Merchandiser, and developing new styles to the standards outlined by the board and brand guidelines. You will assist the Product Development Manager in ensuring that all goods are QC checked to our standards.
● Supporting the General Manager in the delivery of efficient stock management and successful product development.
● Supporting the production team with the development, sourcing, production and delivery of new and existing products.
● Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and third-party logistic partners.
● Maintain project timelines to support in ensuring all departments are on track with the delivery of new ranges.
● Update key team members on any new developments or issues within the supply chain.
● Developing and maintaining all packaging and POS, ensuring sufficient stock levels are in place at our fulfilment warehouse at all times.
● Lead in arranging meetings with key suppliers you are working with to develop relationships and discuss new business ventures.
● Ensure all products and deliveries meet the SLA set out by our 3PL to ensure goods are processed as quickly as possible.
● Work with factories to develop samples the production team can review and approve to continue development with.
● Work closely with the design team to ensure all tech packs hold the correct information.
● Work closely with the design team when preparing artwork to progress to factories for samples and production.
● Ensure all admin is in place to maintain and optimise the efficient running of production activities and that the brands interests are protected.
● Working to ensure samples meet specifications, including wash testing, arranging fabrics/materials for selection and approval, ensure they meet size guide specifications.
● Ensure that the marketing team have photo samples prior to content shoots.
● Keep pricing structure documents updated, source new factories where required, issue PO’s and keep supplier profile documents up to date.
● Arrange shipping logistics, working with freight forwarders and suppliers to deliver goods efficiently whilst still maintaining a strong margin.
● Work with factories to provide a good input margin on all products.
● Develop personally by keeping up to date with the latest fashion, e-commerce, digital and social trends, technologies and opportunities.
Key skill requirements
• A problem solver and creative thinker with gravitas and personal impact.
• Ability to create and follow critical paths within new product/collection launches.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
• Analytical capability to enable continual improvement of output.
• A desire to come up with new ideas and share inspiration and interesting finds with the team.
• Demonstrate keen attention to detail, speed and eye for creativity.
• Have the ability to get work done autonomously while leveraging the strengths of your teammates where appropriate.
• A hands-on individual who can take control and responsibility of managing your own tasks.
• Organisational, time management and teamwork skills.
• Ability to work well with project management tools, task sharing and meeting deadlines.
• Good at prioritising and natural ability to tackle various logistical issues.
• Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
• Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive better results.
• Familiarity with industry terminology and techniques.
Working at P&Co:
•Non stop coffee and good vibes at our HQ.
•40% discount on our website.
•Quarterly allowance to spend on www.pand.co.
•Quarterly staff away days.
•Work from home Wednesdays.
•Performance based bonus scheme for 1+ year team members.