Location: Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
Are you our next Trade Merchandiser? We’re looking for someone to join our team at
our Birmingham office.
As a Trade Merchandiser you will become an influential part of P&Co’s journey,
helping to determine future ranges, always on styles and ensuring our website is
optimized for the users journey.
We are an E-commerce DTC brand with ambitious growth plans. Reporting directly
to the General Manager you will help to lead our purchase plans, budgets and
timelines. You will also be responsible for online visual merchandising and digital
merchandising to ensure our website is properly optimized to drive conversions and
Trade and Product
● Manage range linesheets to determine future development and launches.
● Lead a buying plan that monitors product life cycle, restock rates and optimal PO issue dates.
● Provide weekly reports to the General Manager on stock performance based on key metrics.
● Quarterly product performance reviews to determine future relevance.
● Ensure the product team source items that result in achieving target input margins.
● Assist the General Manager in planning trade activity that delivers target exit margins on a weekly basis.
● Create optimal size curves per category to ensure the right quantities are ordered per size.
● Ensure the range of products meets the needs of the brand and maximizes commercial opportunities.
● Working closely with the design team to ensure the range is well informed by backing data and customer demand.
● Monitor and report on product availability - ensure the buying plan maintains 90% availability on key styles.
● Ensure all admin is in place to maintain and optimize the efficient running of merchandising activities and that the brands interests are protected.
● Visual and digital merchandising of the website, ensuring it is optimised for performance and working in line with the trade calendar.
● Own the presentation of product on the website, ensuring the web merchandising approach represents the product to maximise conversion rate.
● Work with the General Manager and E-com agency to help enhance the website and plan future optimisations.
● Ensure all admin is in place to ensure the website is up to date and the correct tagging and information is applied where needed.
Key Skill Requirements
● 3+ years of experience in merchandising.
● Proficient in Excel/Google sheets with at least 3+ years experience.
● 2+ years of experience in visual and digital merchandising.
● A problem solver and creative thinker with gravitas and personal impact.
● Ability to create and follow critical paths.
● Excellent communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
● Analytical capability to enable continual improvement of output.
● A desire to come up with new ideas and share inspiration and interesting finds with the team.
● Demonstrate keen attention to detail, speed and eye for creativity.
● Have the ability to get it done autonomously but leveraging the strengths of your teammates where appropriate.
● A hands-on individual who can take control and responsibility of managing your own tasks.
● Organizational, time management and teamwork skills.
● Ability to work well with project management tools, task sharing and meeting deadlines.
● Good at prioritizing and natural ability to tackle various logistical issues.
● Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
● Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive better results.
● Familiarity with industry terminology and techniques.
Working at P&Co
● Non stop coffee and good vibes at our HQ.
● 35% discount on our website.
● Quarterly allowance to spend on www.pand.co.
● Quarterly staff away days.
● Friday beers.
● Work from home Wednesdays and ad-hoc flexible working.
● Performance based bonus scheme for 1+ year team members.