Location: Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our dynamic and close-knit team in Birmingham. Reporting directly into the Creative Director, you will play a pivotal role in optimising our operational efficiency and driving the execution of key business strategies. You will lead a talented team, collaborating across all departments to ensure seamless operations that are aligned with our overarching business goals.
As the Operations Manager, you will spearhead the enhancement of operational effectiveness, productivity and profitability in accordance with the company vision. Your responsibilities will encompass overseeing day-to-day operations, managing key logistical relationships, implementing strategic initiatives and fostering cross-functional collaborations to streamline processes.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimise operational efficiency, productivity and profitability, aligning with the overall business goals.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations, including: inventory control, order fulfilment, logistics and customer service.
- Produce a control account for fulfilment invoices to ensure that our partners are invoicing correctly.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as marketing, finance and product development, to ensure seamless coordination and efficient processes.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators to track operational performance, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions.
- Streamline and improve existing processes, systems and workflows to enhance operational effectiveness and maximise cost savings.
- Identify opportunities for automation and implement scalable solutions to improve operational efficiency.
- Develop and lead a high-performing operations team, providing guidance, training and performance feedback.
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and logistics partners, negotiating contracts and ensuring optimal pricing and service levels.
- Assist our brand team in executing the logistics and sourcing around the preparation of events, pop up stores etc.
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies and best practises, proactively recommending strategies to maintain a competitive edge.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations for senior management, providing insights on operational performance and recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor compliance with leg, regulatory and safety standard, ensuring adherence across the organisation.
Key Skill Requirements
- 3+ years experience in Operations or a similar role preferred.
- Ability to travel to our office in Birmingham, UK, 4 days per week.
- Proficient in Excel/Google sheet with at least 3+ years experience.
- A problem solver and creative thinker with gravitas and personal impact.
- Ability to create and follow critical paths.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical capability to enable continual improvement of output.
- A desire to come up with new ideas and share inspiration and interesting finds with the team.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail, speed and eye for creativity.
- Have the ability to get it done but leveraging the strengths of your teammates where appropriate.
- A hands-on individual who can take control and responsibility of managing your own tasks.
- Strong organisational, time management and teamwork skills. Able to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work well with project management tools, task sharing and meeting deadlines.
- Good at prioritising and natural ability to tackle various logistical issues.
Working at P&Co
- 40% discount on our website.
- Quarterly allowance to spend on www.pand.co.
- Bi-monthly team hikes or team-building days.
- Opportunity to attend brand events.
- Mental health support and wellbeing via online therapy sessions.
- Work from home Wednesdays.
- Performance based bonus scheme for 1+ year team members
- Early finish & beers on Fridays!