Location: Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
Report to: General Manager
Salary: TBC (pro-rata + benefits)
Job purpose / overview:
The financial controller will assist the management team in keeping sound financial records in order to
provide a platform to report, more regularly and with more accuracy, the financial performance of the company.
● Responsible for maintaining the book-keeping of the company and ensuring the Xero accounting platform is kept up to date and reconciled weekly.
o Bank reconciliations
o Invoice checking and entry
o Supplier payments
o Posting of monthly sales journals and VAT
o Supplier reconciliations
●To assist with the board with the production of an annual budget. Providing reporting mechanisms to facilitate overall budgetary control.
● To help create and maintain financial systems and internal controls to provide budgetary control.
● Reporting periodically on the company’s performance against
● Assistance in managing the company’s cash flow reporting.
● Preparation of quarterly management accounts.
● Assisting the company accountants in preparation on statutory accounts.
● Handling all communications in relation to tax compliance with the company’s accountants, supporting where necessary.
● Monitoring business performance and achieved margins, providing a weekly management reporting pack for the operational board.
● Preparation of monthly board report for presentation to directors and representatives from Group.
● Assistance in strategic planning, undertaking competitive analysis to aid the Directors in key management decisions.
Key Skill Requirements:
● 3+ years accounting industry experience.
● Relevant accounting qualifications.
● Experience of cloud accounting platforms, preferably Xero.
● Good communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
● Analytical capability to enable continual improvement of output.
● A desire to come up with new ideas and share inspiration and interesting finds with the team.
● Demonstrate keen attention to detail, speed and eye for creativity.
● Have the ability to get it done autonomously but leveraging the strengths of your teammates where appropriate.
● A hands-on individual who can take control and responsibility of managing your own tasks.
● Organisational, time management and teamwork skills.
● Ability to work well with project management tools, task sharing and meeting deadlines.
Good at prioritising and natural ability to tackle various logistical issues.
● Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
● Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive better results
● Familiarity with industry terminology and techniques.
Is this your dream role? Let us know by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - please include a covering letter, and any links to your website or portfolio and let us know why we need you.